Jean Bedord speaks on a variety of research topics relating to findability, search, web technologies, digital publishing, ebooks and the online information industry.
She is also an instructor. Educated as a math teacher, she went into the corporate world, and enjoyed teaching face to face seminars and workshops on utilizing computer technologies. More recently, she is now a distance educator as part-time faculty at San Jose State University School of Library and Information Sciences. She teaches courses in "Online Searching" and introduction to "Libraries and Librarians" , and their roles as information professionals.
Contact Jean Bedord:
email: jean AT EContentStrategies DOT com
Speaking engagements have included:
- "Establishing a Web Presence", Workshop for Project Management Institute (PMI), Silicon Valley Chapter, Sunnyvale, August 3, 2009.
- "Building a Web Presence from Domain Name to Website", Poster Session, Annual Conference, AIIP (Association of Independent Information Professionals), Albuquerque, NM, March 27, 2009
- "Can New Customers find YOU? Findability and Your Website", Speaker, Mid-Peninsula Professional Alliance (MPPA), Palo Alto, CA, February 17, 2009
- "So Why do I Need My Own Domain Name? Establishing YOUR Web Presence", Speaker, PM-PM SIG, , Mountain View, CA, February 4 and September 9, 2009.
- "Search for the Enterprise: Creating Findability", Panelist, Gilbane Conference, San Francisco, CA, June 18-19,2008
- "Solving the Multiple Search Engine Problem," Panel moderator and speaker, Information Today conference Enterprise Search Summit West: Solving Your Findability Dilemma, San Jose, CA, November 6, 2007
- "How Others are Implementing Search", Invited speaker for Enterprise Search Summit conference, New York City, May 15, 2007.
- "Web 2.0 Mashups Boot Camp", Invited speaker for Software and Information Industry Association (SIIA) conference "Content Forum 2007: Building, Enabling and Selling Content", San Francisco, CA, April 17, 2007.
- "Web 2.0, The Next Generation? Are You Serious? We've Been Doing This for 40 Years," Invited speaker for Association of Information and Dissemination Centers (ASIDIC) conference "Getting the Most from Your Most Valuable Resource: Content", Newport Beach, CA, September 11, 2006.
- "Search Workshop for Publishers: Findability and Search Basics", Invited speaker for Software and Information Industry Association (SIIA) conference "Content Forum 2006: Tools, Tactics and Strategies for Success", San Francisco, CA, May 16, 2006.
- "Reality Check: Subscription Data", Panelist at InfoCommerce Conference, Philadelphia, PA, Sept. 28, 2004.
- "The Budget Crisis in Public Libraries: Are Digital Libraries a Solution?" Invited speaker for "eBooks in the Public Library Conference" for The Open eBook Forum, New York, March 16, 2004.
- "E-books: Status of the Market--or Actually Lack of Market Demand," Invited speaker for The Conference Board,Information Services Advisory Council, April 22-24, 2001, Savannah, Georgia.
- "Choices, Choices, and More Choices", Invited speaker for "Choosing & Managing External Content" session at Intranets'99, San Francisco, 1999.
- "Families, Libraries and the Internet Symposium", Invited participant, San Jose Mercury News, March 11, 1997. Published in Sunday edition, March 16, 1997.
- "World of Directories on DIALOG", Invited speaker for panel on "Blaze New Trails Online" at the Third National Directory conference, New York, 1994.
- "Local European Business Information and the Chambers of Commerce," Paper presented at the Twelfth National Online Meeting, New York, 1991.
- "Update on Online Healthcare Resources," Pharmaceutical & Health Technology Division, Special Libraries Association, Annual meeting, Indianapolis, 1998.
- "Implementation Hurdles for International Information Systems," Paper presented at the Ninth National Online Meeting, New York, 1988.
Participation in industry committees:
- Program Director for San Andreas Chapter, Special Libraries Association, 2009-2010
- Software and Information Industry Association (SIIA) conference "Content Forum 2007: Building, Enabling and Selling Content", San Francisco, CA, April 17-18, 2007.
- Software and Information Industry Association (SIIA) conference "Content Forum 2006: Tools, Tactics and Strategies for Success", San Francisco, CA, May 16-17, 2006.